Saturday, February 20, 2010

KIKEA'S BLOG

Hi.  I'm Kiki.  Since Mom is now writing in her own blog, and not paying attention to me, I thought I'd write about me.  As you can see, I'm absolutely adorable.  I'm a miniature australian shepard, and both of my eyes are blue.  Mom says I'm too cute and too smart for my own good.   I really have no idea what that means, but I do generally figure out how to get what I want. 
     I came to live with Mom and Dad last April when I was about five months old.    I got to travel around with them in our motorhome all last summer until Mom had to start her chemo treatments.  Traveling was so much fun.  I got to go to lots of places, meet a lot of people...I love people; meet a lot of other dogs...I love dogs; chase a lot of birds and squirrels....I love birds and squirrels.   Dad's gone now, so I don't think we'll be traveling in the motorhome anymore.  I miss Dad.  He made me feel safe.  When I got scared, I ran and curled up next to him, and I knew nothing could get past that big man. 
     But I take care of Mom now.  I make sure she gives me lots of exercise, whether she wants to or not.  And I make sure she gives me lots of loving, even if she's busy doing something else.  Here's how I do it--take note, it works everytime:  I start by standing really close to her and pushing against her arm.  I slowly keep pushing and pushing until my face is in her face, so she can no longer see her book or the computer screen.  Then (and this is the real clincher), I slip my arms around her neck and lick her all over her face.  I make myself as strong as a stone statue so she can't just push me aside.  The only thing she can do at that point is to put away the book or computer so she can use both hands to pick me up to get me out of her face.  Am I good, or what?  The key is persistence...giving up means failure.  I could probably teach that technique to other dogs and make lots of treats. 
     I have lots of toys to play with, but my favorite thing to play with is the cat.  At least, I try.  The cat refuses.  Mom says it's because the cat is 14 years old and has a heart problem.  But I feel sure the cat will come around (remember the key to getting what I want?...persistence).  So I keep taking my toys to the cat and getting in the cat's face, but so far all I've gotten back is hisses and scratches.   I like to herd her to make her go where I want her to go (after all, that is my heritage), but Mom says I'm being a bully.  It doesn't matter...the cat goes where she wants to go, anyway.

     My BFF is Jennie.  She spends nice days in a big fenced-in area right next door.  Mom takes me in there to play with Jennie.  We run together, and jump all over each other, and smell each other's private parts, and then go get a drink of water together.  We give each other kisses when it's time to say goodbye.  Mom thinks we are sooo cute.  I love playing with Jennie.
     Another favorite thing is going outside.  There are so many things for me to pay attention to:  bugs on the ground, bugs in the air, worms, frogs, lizards, not to mention all those birds and squirrels.  And the smells!  I never get tired of all the many smells.  And sometimes I find holes to stick my nose into.  And places to roll around on.  And all kinds of things to taste.  Mom gets disgusted and says I'm such a dog.  Well, duh...


2 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a sweet dog..beautiful eyes.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Too cute for words!!!! I will take to heart the lesson on persistence-something I have to renew with myself every day!
Thanks, Kiki!

Related Posts with Thumbnails